While Florida continues to record record-breaking new cases of COVID-19 across the state, educators are concerned about going to school on time.
Here in the Tampa Bay area, school district leaders are finalizing their plans to reopen the campus to students and teachers. Some school districts have postponed their first day of school by two weeks, while others are still trying to figure out their revised first dates.
Below is a list of the public school districts in Tampa Bay and where each district is located [NOTE: These dates are subject to change]::
- Citrus: Monday August 10th. District meets on Tuesday, July 28th.
- Hernando: Monday, August 10th. District meets on Monday July 20th.
- Pasco: Monday August 10th. District meets on Tuesday, July 21 and July 28.
- Pinellas: Wednesday August 12th. District meets on Tuesday, July 28th.
NEW DATA *
- Hillsborough: Superintendent recommends a start date for Monday August 24th. District meets on Wednesday, July 22nd.
* = All dates can change.
Develop story, update for updates. Stay on ABC Action News for the latest back to school information.