TAMPA, Fla – The Tampa Bay Lightning attempt to cast out their demons after the season against the Columbus Blue Jackets, the team that swept the bolts in the first round of the 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs.
The lightning fell in Game 2 on Thursday 3-1 against the Blue Jackets. This time the game ended in regulation.
The Bolts with the second seed scored a 3-2 win over the Blue Jackets with the seventh seed on Tuesday after five hours overtime. Game 1 earlier this week was the longest game in the history of the Lightning franchise.
Tampa Bay drew the first blood in Game 2 after Nikita Kucherov scored just over 5 minutes into the first half after an assist from Ondrej Palat and Brayden Point. Columbus responded with a goal from Ryan Murray just over 7 minutes after Kucherov’s goal. The Blue Jackets took the lead after a goal from Oliver Bjorkstrand just before the end of the first half.
Alexander Wennberg added an insurance target for the Blue Jackets in the middle of the third period.
Joonas Korpisalo saved 36 of 37 shots on goal for Columbus and Bolts’ Andrei Vasilevskiy stopped 19 of 22 shots on goal.
SERIES PLAN *
- Game 1: Blitz 3, Blue Jackets 2, F / 5OT
- Game 2: Blue Jackets 3, Lightning 1, Final
- Game 3: Saturday 15th August
- Game 4: Monday 17th August
- Game 5 (if required): Wednesday 19th August
- Game 6 (if required): Friday 21st August
- Game 7 (if required): Saturday 22nd August
* = All games played in Toronto.