As the bands, cheerleaders and soccer players prepare for Friday Night Football under strange circumstances, some teams have to sit out this week.
In Tampa Bay, COVID-19 is forcing districts to cancel this week and some games next week.
- Lakeland High School has canceled its games for the next two weeks. At least 14 cases have been linked to the Lakeland High School campus.
- The football game Tenoroc vs. Discovery was canceled tonight.
- Jefferson High and Hillsborough High School won’t play for the first week.
- Zephyrhills High School had to cancel their soccer games.
- Land O ‘Lakes High School is suspending its soccer games due to COVID-19 exposures.
Gator Football Fans – We regret to announce that we have been forced to cancel the football games scheduled for this week and next – both JV and Varsity. Several players had to be quarantined.@ LOLHSathletics @LOLHSTDClub @jwmhs_schultz
– Land O ‘Lakes High School (@LOLHSPrincipal) September 10, 2020
- The district currently only competes in golf, cross county, and swimming. Volleyball games will be played on Monday and soccer will have its first game on Thursday September 17th.
- One of three Boca Ciega football games against Tarpon Springs High School was canceled Thursday night.