HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Florida – Thousands of people in the Tampa Bay area have lost their jobs because companies closed or downsized due to the pandemic.
Hillsborough County Commissioner Sandy Murman works with CareerSource Tampa Bay to help some unemployed find work during their 9th Annual Job Fair, 10 am-2pm. on Friday October 8th.
This year’s fair is held practically in line with the recommendations of CDC COVID-19 for large gatherings.
“This virtual job fair provides more opportunities and options for both employers and job seekers across the county,” said Commissioner Murman. “With many of our residents unemployed and the challenge of face-to-face meetings, this will be another way to securely connect employers with potential employees.”
More than fifty companies in industries such as information technology, healthcare, construction, transportation and logistics. Retail, manufacturing, hospitality and professional services all participate in the job fair.
Companies aim to fill more than 1,000 part-time, full-time and remote jobs.
Once registered, you can access the platform prior to the job fair to view details about each employer, current vacancies and more.
The job fair can be visited virtually via a desktop or laptop computer, a tablet or a smartphone with a Chrome, Safari or Firefox browser. Interacting with company representatives is through text chat, but some employers may also have video capabilities.
Below is a list of the companies participating in the job fair:
- 84 lumber
- ACTS Inc.
- Advamced Roofing Inc.
- Affinity Waste Solutions
- All the ways to take care of HomeCare
- Allianz workforce
- Apex Office Products & Furniture
- Argus Dental & Vision
- Car zone
- Charter Communications (spectrum)
- ChildCare career
- Colonial Distributing Inc.
- Commercial Plastic Recycling Inc.
- Eckstein barricades
- Customer-oriented staff
- CyraCom International
- Dermatologu Medical Partners
- DuCon LLC
- DuCon Plumbing LLC
- Environmental pest control
- Express Employment Professional
- Fifth Third Bank
- FirstLight Home Care
- Frank Gay Services Commercial
- FrankCrum Staffing
- Fuzzy’s Taco Shop
- Guardian Ad Litem
- Public Schools in Gwinnett County
- Hawthorne Village
- HealthAxis Group
- People Help Excel LLC
- Homee Inc.
- Hillsborough County BOCC
- Innovation Cabinetry LLC
- JMI resource
- Katpro Technologies Inc.
- Konnect Resources
- Little Law PA
- Midget Industrial Cleaning Services LLC
- Rapid Response Recovery Support Program (R3)
- Republic National Distrubuting Company
- RT Moore Mechanical Contractor
- Saint Leo University
- Salem Media Group
- Sutton Contracting
- Tampa Bay Fisheries
- Tampa-Hillsborough County Public Library
- The Family Healthcare Foundation
- The Middlesex Corporation
- Torias Support Services Inc.
- Waffle house
- Wise security
- Wright’s Gourmet House
- Veterans Florida